Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Perfect Assessment of Bush the Younger, a walking disaster

This is probably the best assessment I have ever read about the worst president in U.S. history. I totally and completely agree with every word of it!

A SMALL FRACTION OF A MAN
By William Rivers Pitt

http://www.truth-out.org/a-small-fraction-a-man65077

EXCERPT:

George W. Bush was all over my television this past week, all over the newspapers, and the feelings inspired by his sudden reappearance are almost beyond my capacity to describe. There was the story about his hearty approval of waterboarding. There was the story that had him contemplating dropping Dick Cheney from the administration. There was the story that had him describing himself as a "dissenter" on the Iraq invasion. He did interviews, and excerpts of his new book dribbled out, and it was all too much to endure.

This is the guy, I thought to myself when I saw his face or heard his voice. This is the guy. 

This is the guy who took a massive Clinton administration budget surplus and gave it away to his friends at the top of the tax bracket, a move that laid the groundwork for our current economic calamity.

This is the guy who breezed past a pointed warning about Osama bin Laden, terrorism and airplanes on August 8, 2001, because he was on vacation and couldn't be bothered. ...(Read the rest at: http://www.truth-out.org/a-small-fraction-a-man65077)


READERS' COMMENTS:  (just a few of them to whet your appetite -- there are many more excellent ones at the end of the article)

The stolen election of 2000 marks the beginning of the final collapse of America. Many of us recognized the Bush/ Cheney cabal for the criminal evil doers they were. The 9/11 attacks were not a huge surprise to me because I instantly saw how they opened the door for Bush to do real, lasting damage...which he did.

I don't know that it's sufficient to identify Bush as the worst president in our history. He is most certainly that, but I frankly do not think Grant, Harding, Coolidge, prominently mentioned as prime presidential misfits, deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. Bush was far, far worse than any of them. Bush, Cheney, Rummy and all the other gangsters should be living out their lives in chains at undisclosed locations.
--Anonymous

And this is the president who has a larger-than-life portrait hanging in the main living room of the Yale Club of New York - smirking at you. I had to move my chair so I did not VOMIT on my wife at a recent gathering in that august institution of the equally august institution in New Haven. I did ask my local, independent book store to move the display of books to their crime section.
--Stephen Beck

My teeth are grinding too, but the memory of his carefree disastrous reign is painful to endure even for a nano second. Hurricane George, without conscience, playing the good ol' boy just isn't working any more. We know who he is, and he makes our souls shudder.
--Simone


Share:

0 comments: