Thursday, November 04, 2010

George W. Bush: The Worst Moment of My Presidency by Nicole Belle

Sad that we're going to be returning to the kind of politics we suffered under during the Cheney/Bush years.  The only good thing is that the Republicans will have to put up or shut up--and we know they never shut up.  All throughout the first 2 years of Obama's presidency, they have done everything to obstruct and nothing to help our country. Well, now they have the power in the House. Let's see what they come up with.  For sure, they'll tear down the health care bill, make sure the Bush tax cuts continue, and give more money to defense for the 2 wars we are still embroiled in.  And they'll gripe over and over about cutting the budget and "discretionary spending," (much of which they themselves have benefited from).  The hypocrites are back -- and they haven't changed a bit.

Read the article below to find out what Bush thinks of as his "worst moment" in the presidency. WARNING: It's pathetic, folks. 

George W. Bush: The Worst Moment of My Presidency
By Nicole Belle

Can you guess what it is?

Is it having 9/11 on his watch, especially after disregarding Richard Clarke's warnings about al Qaeda?

Is it having sent our soldiers into an unnecessary war on lies?  Does he feel sorry/compassionate about their deaths and/or terrible wounds?

Is it lying to American people to invade and occupy a country that posed no threat to us?

Is it the rendition and torturing of detainees?

Is it the trillions of dollars lost in the sands of the middle east?

Is it the collapse of the economy on his watch and due to his neglect?

Is it the thousands of people left dead and homeless on the Gulf Coast because the warnings about the levees were ignored and the federal response was inexcusably late and poorly handled?

Amazingly enough, none of that is what Bush considers the worst moment of his presidency.  Read on...it's a remark made by Kanye West about him, believe it or not... This says so much about the character of this moron who actually occupied the White House for 8 long years, each time not having been honestly elected. 

MATT LAUER: You remember what he said?
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: Yes, I do. He called me a racist.
MATT LAUER: Well, what he said, "George Bush doesn't care about black people."
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: That's -- "he's a racist." And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, "I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business." It's another thing to say, "This man's a racist." I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments in my Presidency
MATT LAUER: This from the book. "Five years later I can barely write those words without feeling disgust." You go on. "I faced a lot of criticism as President. I didn't like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich. But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all time low."
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: Yeah. I still feel that way as you read those words. I felt 'em when I heard 'em, felt 'em when I wrote 'em and I felt 'em when I'm listening to 'em.
MATT LAUER: You say you told Laura at the time it was the worst moment of your Presidency?
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: Yes. My record was strong I felt when it came to race relations and giving people a chance. And-- it was a disgusting moment.

Amazing, isn't it? How much blood and treasure were lost on George Bush's watch and that doesn't impact him as much as some recording artist emotionally acting out during a fundraiser?


Share:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Bush!!!! He doesn't have a clue.