Saturday, December 31, 2011

A great song by George Harrison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9b_0bMwZbY&feature=related   THAT WHICH I HAVE LOST

George was a genius -- and, wow, how that man could play the guitar!!!   I love this song.  The lyrics are printed at this site so you can follow along with the song as he sings it...
I watched PBS American Experience on War Letters tonight -- I had taped it a few weeks ago.  War letters from the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, WW I and II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, on and on ... poignant, brave, heart-touching letters written by soldiers to their loved ones. Many of these soldiers died in battle one or two days after writing their letters.  So many lives lost in all those wars...it's an insane world.   Then I came to my computer to listen to George Harrison.  This song, written from his heart, gives the directions to peace and our true home -- but how many are even asking for them? 

Share:

0 comments: