Saturday, July 23, 2011

How Things Really Work in Washington

SO TRUE, SO TRUE! (Sob)  http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/rj-eskow/37492/is-enforcement-bad-for-business-mr-banker-boehners-boysll-fix-that-for-ya-permanent-like

ENFORCEMENT BAD FOR BUSINESS, MR. BANKER?  BOEHNER'S BOYS CAN FIX THAT FOR YA'--PERMANENT-LIKE, YA' KNOW WHAT I MEAN?
By RJ Eskow

EXCERPT:  Psst! Hey, you! Yeah, you, in the expensive suit. Listen, Mr. Banker, are you worried that a little oversight and enforcement might be bad for business? I hear ya. I really do. But listen ... hey, come a little closer, pal. I won't bite ya! I got an offer and I don't want to shout it.

What you need is somebody who can fix this problem for ya. Permanent-like, if you catch my drift. And I think you do. You don't have to get your hands dirty, neither. I know a guy who knows a guy... in fact, he knows a lot of guys.

Here's his number. He'll handle it real discreet-like. I know, I know. You don't want your name drawn into this. You like giving those interviews where you play the wise statesman and complain that people aren't nice enough to folks like you.

No, no, that's not how you say it! It's spelled B-O-E-H-N-E-R, but it's pronounced "Bay-ner." He'll be waiting for ya on K Street. Can't miss him: Orange tan. Cries a lot. Likeable as all get-out. Even the Big Guy says he can "do business with him."

Don't worry, pal. Johnny'll get the heat off your back before ya even know it. I know the right folks. We got that Warren lady outta the way this week, right? Now as for that little "bureau" of hers -- well, stuff happens, right? There could be a fire, maybe, or an accident. Or maybe some kinda new law, I dunno. Johnny'll think of something.

Say hello for me when you see him -- and don't forget to bring your wallet.

________________________________

Yesterday the House passed H.R. 1315, and the normally humor-challenged Republicans showed unusual wit by naming it the "Consumer Financial Protection Safety and Soundness Improvement Act of 2011." That's like naming the German U-boat flotilla the "Improved Safety and Soundness Fleet for Ocean Travel of 1941." The bill actually weakens our economy's safety and soundness, even as it helps banks prey on consumers. U-boats were designed to sink ships, and this bill was designed to torpedo consumer protection.  [Read rest of article at:  http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/rj-eskow/37492/is-enforcement-bad-for-business-mr-banker-boehners-boysll-fix-that-for-ya-permanent-like ]

Psst! Mr. Banker! I'm over here, in the shadows.

Didn't I tell ya Johnny would come through for ya? Yeah, he sure did. Glad you feel that way. If you're happy, I'm happy. What's that? You wanna make sure you keep paying these super-low taxes we fixed up for ya? No sweat. Johnny's boys can fix that for ya, too, if you don't mind hurting a few old people.

Thanks for the envelope. There's a bonus, too? Thanks! It's a pleasure doin' business with ya, pal, a real pleasure.

Like always.
Share:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The author seems to forget that the Obama administration has been taking big time donations from the bankers and promising to fix things and keep him happy too. Not only does the administration enjoy doing business with these bankers but they are counting on their donations to get them re-elected next year.