Thursday, March 03, 2016

Tulsi Gabbard: A representative to be Proud of!

Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii Democrat representative) is a wise, brave and beautiful woman, inside and out.  I wish we had a representative like her here in California!  Would love to trade off Dianne Feinstein for her!
 
Gabbard: People warned me against endorsing Sanders

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said that even though "a lot of people" warned her against endorsing Bernie Sanders, she did it anyway because of the "high stakes" around the coming election.

The Hawaii Democrat was speaking to MSNBC Tuesday night when host Brian Williams asked her about splitting with many in her party in her endorsement.

"Congresswoman, I know that as an Iraq war veteran, you don't scare easily, but you obviously have gained doubt, what happens if by splitting with the Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Hillary Clinton, DNC, and let's say Sen. Sanders is not successful, how unpleasant life can become for a Democrat in the house under a president Clinton?" Williams asked.

"I'll be very honest with you, a lot of people warned me against doing what I did," Gabbard said. "And what I did speaks to the high stakes that exist."

Specifically, Gabbard said those "high stakes" were the nation's ongoing war efforts and the fact that she disagrees with Clinton's foreign policy record.



Share:

0 comments: