Thursday, February 02, 2012

The "Up" Series -- 56 Up is coming in May of this year

Anyone who has followed the "Up" documentary series will be happy to know it will continue with another 7-year update in "56 Up" in May of 2012.  Read about the "Up" series at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_Series

To me, this has been the most interesting documentary series I have ever viewed, bar none!  Choosing children from different areas of England when they were 7 years old and filming them then, with all their dreams of what they wanted to be when they grew up -- and then following them every 7 years with filmed updates as to where they were and what they were doing, the director has given us great insight into how people progress in their lives.  He used the Ignatius Loyola quote, "Give me the child until he is 7 and I will give you the man" -- in an earnest attempt to see if that proved to be true. 

It is a fascinating series -- I am very interested to see "56 Up" in which these once-young people are now 56 years old.  I highly recommend this documentary.  You can see some of the Up series on youtube -- and I think the entire series can be rented on netflix. 


Share:

0 comments: