Thursday, February 05, 2009

Chris Wallace thinks he may be in trouble at FOX for being gracious to Obama

I love Obama's style!!! So wonderfully different from the narcissistic, self-defensive Idiot who preceded him in the presidency. Isn't it great to have an obviously super-intelligent president who admits his mistakes and who can articulate so clearly in conversation and in speeches? I feel like I have died and gone to heaven! It's interesting, too, that even a FOX News ("fair and balanced" in your dreams!) reporter is admitting the truth about that cable "news" (Rupert Murdoch's views) station?

from www.crooksandliars.com

It was said in jest, sure, but does anyone here really doubt that treating Barack Obama (and his family) with a modicum of respect and fairness -- rather than, say, accusing them of being secret Muslin terrorists -- gets you some dirty looks in the FOX News break room? I mean, every good night for Obama throughout the campaign practically transformed the mood of the station into a funeral.

Wallace: You were widely quoted when you met with the House GOP caucus saying, "go ahead, feel free to whack me. I'll watch FOX News and feel bad about myself."

Obama: That one I did say.

Wallace: Perhaps, let me raise the possibility: Are you a trifle thin-skinned?

Obama: I said it in good humor. I think everyone understood that was a joke.

I think it's fair to say that I don't always get my most favorable coverage on Fox, but that's part of how a democracy is supposed to work. We're not all supposed to be in lock step here.

And you've always been very gracious to me.

Wallace: I don't know if that improves or hurts my stock at FOX News.

Obama: It may hurt it.

You can catch the entire interview here.

Share:

0 comments: