Monday, April 21, 2008

McCain: A Question of Temperament

Please read this article http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/19/AR2008041902224.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR
and decide for yourself if this is the man whose finger you want on the nuclear button. The article neglected to tell how McCain once verbally abused his wife, calling her the nasty "c" word, in front of aides and reporters. Her offense? She had lovingly ruffled her fingers in his hair and casually mentioned his hair was getting a little thinner... See: http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_temper_boiled_over_in_92_0407.html

EXCERPT:

"I've witnessed a lot of his temper and outbursts," [Senator] Smith said. "For me, some of this stuff is relevant. It raises questions about stability. . . . It's more than just temper. It's this need of his to show you that he's above you -- a sneering, condescending attitude. It's hurt his relationships in Congress. . . . I've seen it up-close."

Smith, whose service in the Navy included a tour on the waters in and around Vietnam, said he stood stunned one day when McCain declared around several of their colleagues that Smith wasn't a real Vietnam War veteran. "I was in the combat zone, off the Mekong River, for 10 months," Smith said. "He went on to insult me several times. I wasn't on the land; I guess that was his reasoning. . . . He suggested I was masquerading about my Vietnam service. It was very hurtful. He's gotten to a lot of people [that way]."...

"I don't think that [McCain] forgets anyone who ever opposed him, that he can ever really respect or trust them again," said Karen Johnson, the targeted secretary-turned-state senator (another woman who was once verbally abused by McCain--years later, still carrying his anger against her, he tried to keep her from getting a job). "That goes for people here and overseas."


Share:

0 comments: