Monday, June 20, 2011

Einstein quotes

A good way to learn is to listen to wisdom from people you admire/appreciate.  Here are some of my favorite Einstein quotes:

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. (My very favorite--I accept that conclusion as true, as proven by quantum physics. Our everyday reality is exactly like last night's dream, which seems real...until we wake up (~.~))

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.  (Another good one)

Few are those who can see with their own eyes and hear with their own hearts.  The only source of knowledge is experience.

It is not enough for a handful of experts to attempt the solution of a problem, to solve it and then to apply it. The restriction of knowledge to an elite group destroys the spirit of society and leads to its intellectual impoverishment. 

The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that refuse military service. 

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. 

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.  Never lose a holy curiosity.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.  The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education. 


The only real valuable thing is intuition.
  When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.


The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.


There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there.

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.  Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?  

The physicist's greatest tool is his wastebasket.

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.

Share:

0 comments: