Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Good article about why Denmark's citizens are happiest in the world

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/22/denmark-happiest-country_n_4070761.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

When you read why Danes are happier, it all makes perfect sense.  Many of the stressful things in life have been taken off their shoulders (what happens when I or my family is ill or injured and unable to work?, how can I take care of my children in the best way without losing my job?, what about the care of my elderly parents?, etc.)  and everyone is living more productively, benefiting on an equal scale. 

Plus, the 10 qualities of an optimist presented in the slideshow at the end are inspirational. The slideshow contains excellent advice for a more pleasant life, despite having to weather life's difficult events and cares.  Monty Python did a spoof on optimistic thinking in The Life of Brian with their little ditty, "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life," dum de dum, de dum de dum de dum..... It generated a lot of laughter, but honestly speaking, optimism is a lot better way to live than pessimism.  I've tried both and can say that from my own experience (~.~).

Share:

0 comments: