Monday, March 09, 2020

Quotes from my favorite Persian poet, Hafiz

These quotes all touch my heart when I read them. I feel certain they came from a place of Great Truth and they always bring a smile to my face.  After listening to the news today, I decided I would rather hear what Hafiz has to say:

"Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like to see you living in better conditions."

"What do sad people have in common? It seems they have all built a shrine to the past and often go there and do a strange wail and worship. What is the beginning of Happiness? It is to stop being so religious like that."

"Remember for just one minute of the day, it would be best to try looking upon yourself more as God does, for She knows your true royal nature."

"You are a Light in this world. I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in the darkness, the astonishing light of your own being."

"Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you."

"We are people who need to love, because Love is the soul's life. Love is simply creation's greatest joy."

                                                                         ~ Hafiz



Share:

0 comments: