Monday, March 30, 2009

Obamas are paying their own way in the White House

Any makeovers or decorating in the White House during their tenure will be paid for privately by the Obamas from their own income, rather than from government coffers. I'm sure the Republican critics of all things Obama will find some way to criticize this, too. Unlike their Republican predecssors, the Obamas walk their talk. To me, that is admirable. I like also that Michelle Obama has started a vegetable garden on the White House grounds, which she, her husband, and her daughters will work in. I hope this inspires millions of Americans to do the same in these hard economic times. I think organic gardenening and cooking in healthful ways should be taught in school, as they already do in some San Francisco schools, inspired and tutored by the owner of an organic vegetarian restaurant in that city.
http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/55679/
Share:

0 comments: