Monday, June 02, 2008

Cult of Deception -- a good description!

Scott McClellan discovered he was in a cult and that it was misusing him for its own ends...isn't that what all cults do?  Maureen Dowd tells it quite well in today's column:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/opinion/01dowd.html?em&ex=1212552000&en=fcf58ecff7b665d8&ei=5087%0A

Only one wrong-sounding note in McClellan's book--he still seems unwilling to detach himself completely from Bush, about whom he says, "I feel affection and admiration for him."  I have seen this same kind of dissonance in others who have left cults that injured them and their fellow members. It may be a way of convincing yourself that your judgment wasn't too bad. When I was in a cult, my judgment was bad and I feel no admiration or affection for the cult leaders who led me and others down the wrong path. Their agenda, like Bush's, was a strictly selfish one, motivated by greed and lust for power.  There is nothing to admire in that. Just my own opinion.
Share:

0 comments: