Thursday, January 17, 2019

My friend Dinah's art

She is an incredible self-taught artist -- I had dinner with her and her husband Dave last night and saw all her art "in person." (~.~)  She has an online site where her art is posted for all to see.  She chronicles life (hers and others' -- as well as her dreams) in her art, which is uniquely and beautifully her own -- and different from anything I've seen before. Her paintings are like a personal diary, capturing moments and the intricacies of life, in events and patterns, to which (it seems to me) anyone can relate. They invite you to look more closely and experience the emotions they evoke, kind of like a modern-day Grandma Moses.  Dinah and I will be attending art class together (not that she needs any instruction!) in my next round of art class.  

After knowing her for many years, during which she lived in Santa Cruz and then in Maryland for several years, fate has brought her now to be my neighbor in Watsonville, living just a few houses down the street from me.  We laugh a lot together and I thought it would be fun to be sitting next to each other as we paint, so asked her if she would be interested in coming to art class.  Am glad she said yes.  I can learn a lot from her. You'll see what I mean when you look at her paintings and read her comments explaining them.  I thought you might like seeing them, too.  I feel very lucky to have so many talented friends, from whom I can learn much about art and life!  Here is the link to Dinah's site:

Share:

0 comments: