Monday, February 01, 2010

A POEM from the heart--to the heart

This is a poem that wrote itself this morning, as I contemplated my life's journey:

Many roads were traveled
and mysteries unraveled
To lift the veil that darkened our true sight
Through centuries and ages
The mystics and the sages
Pierced that veil obscuring the clear light.

In words and loving pointers
They were our anointers
Carrying the Truth they would impart
They spoke of the ineffable
Expressed the inexpressible
Until at last we heard it in our heart.

Love impelled them then
And love impels us now
To speak with their incisive words so clear
To share the simple truth
With those of age and youth
Who have desire and willing ears to hear.

There is nothing to practice. To know yourself, be yourself. To be yourself, stop imagining yourself to be this or that. Just be. Let your true nature emerge. Don't disturb your mind with seeking.

"There is only life, there is nobody who lives a life.

When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two.

--Nisargadatta Maharaj
Share:

0 comments: