Monday, November 16, 2015

Protect Yourself: 25 worst charities in America.


At this time of year, we are bombarded with pleas from charities for donations.  Over the years, I have been fooled into donating to organizations that are charities mostly for themselves.  I've learned now to give to just a few that I have investigated and KNOW the money is actually going to help the people it claims to be helping.  My own experience has shown me that MOST so-called "charities" take a huge proportion of the money for "expenses" before any of it reaches the proposed/supposed recipient.   The following link lists just a few of them, but also provides further links for you to check before you give or send any donations. 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/11/13/1449096/-25-of-America-s-worst-charities-plus-tips-on-how-to-avoid-getting-scammed?detail=email

 

What they take in, how much goes to solicitors and what percent is given to those in need.



Share:

0 comments: