Tuesday, January 01, 2008

About Me

I am in my 7th decade of life -- learning as much as I can as I go along. My son put together this blog for me because I was sending out so many messages via e-mail, he thought it would be easier to just post the messages on a blog (and I agree). Thanks, Michael! (~.~)

I'm very interested in the political scene and also the topic of spirituality (versus religion), so many postings on my blog contain info. on these particular subjects. My curiosity about numerous life issues is reflected in the articles and videos I post here. You may enjoy some of the humor, too. There is a place here for online comments, and yours are welcome! (~.~)

I have many other interests such as astrology, which I did as a business for several years. Right now, I am kicking back from all work and am enjoying retirement years by returning to one of my first loves -- art. I've been working in watercolors, acrylics, and oils, as well as charcoal drawing -- and I also do sewing projects, mostly making outfits for my grandkids and for my granddaughter Isabella's American Girl doll. (~.~) I love the role of "Grammy" (courtesy of my daughters Jeanie and Linda who each have 2 children and my deceased daughter Susan who gave us Jason) and have a close relationship with all my grandkids--Jason, Isabella, Jake, Nicky, and Zach. I was a proofreader and copy editor for many years. I'm proud of all my grandchildren. My oldest grandson Jason passed the bar last year and is now employed as a toxic torte plaintiffs' attorney, representing the "little people" against big corporations who are screwing them (Yay, Jason!)

My lifetime love of reading continues, too. I have an abiding interest in many subjects such as Mark Twain, Abraham Lincoln, Life after Death, UFOs, and Alternative Health Care of all kinds--particularly Homeopathy. Quantum science/philosophy research regarding the multi-dimensional universe also captures my attention, although I don't understand most of it (~.~). It just rings true with me, and I love the exploration of it.

Curiosity about life and its meaning propels my interest in many other areas, such as dreams and their interpretation. My book shelves are covered with books on subjects like these. I also have LOTS of books on dinosaurs, since my grandson Nicky at age 5 had an overwhelming interest in that subject. He learned to read at age 3 and often corrects me if I mispronounce one of the long names of these creatures. He keeps me on my toes! (~.~) Nicky, now 7, is branching out in his interests to include all kinds of science and outer space. I'll never be able to keep up with him and my other bright-beyond-their-years grandchildren!

As for travel, I don't do too much of it these days -- but living on Monterey Bay, very close to Carmel, Monterey, and Big Sur, is like being on a perpetual vacation.

No comments: